Pages

26 May 2015

two years down, forever to go :)

i can't believe we just celebrated our two year anniversary. it feels like it was just yesterday i was sitting in my brother's living room in dallas on my wedding day, with my family, for the very last time just as a daughter and a sister. where i accepted this marriage in front of my witnesses, making things official on my end, becoming his wife. i remember it clear as day, when we cried, knowing things would be different now. but they were bittersweet tears, as we felt both joy and sadness. what a beautiful, beautiful change that day brought. physically, i am further away from my family and friends, but i've never been closer to them. i've also been blessed with an amazing husband, and a second family who have made me feel like this is where i truly belong. 

we've come so far since may 25th, 2013. we've changed and we've grown, and we're better together now than we have ever been. i'm lucky and blessed and the happiest, happiest person in this world. i'm thankful to God for blessing me with this life, and i just pray that He blesses us with many, many years together. alhamdulillah :)

this year, on our second anniversary (or the day before, actually) we had some family come over for dinner so we decided to celebrate then. i got us a customized cake and he surprised me with two dozen roses. :) 

 ^^he surprised me with these when i got home :) 
 ^^and i bought him this :)
 ^^i loved the cake. blue and red were our wedding colors as well






happy anniversary, babe. i love love love you!
i can't wait to celebrate with this guy on our cruise to the bahama's this week! stay tuned for updates.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment