Pages

22 January 2016

the fitbit charge hr: my motivator

if you keep up with my posts, you'd know that this past december i was in albuquerque for a week to visit family and friends. while i was there, my sister and two best friends surprised me with the fitbit charge hr. :)) 
 
getting healthy has been a goal of mine for a long, long time. i don't want to just diet and exercise for a month to get my results then go back to my old ways of not staying active or eating clean. i want this to be a lifestyle change. 

i had been looking into fitness trackers for a few months now, and after my research i found that the fitbit charge hr was the best in the market. now that i have it. and have used it for over a month now, i wanted to talk a little bit about the pros and cons. 

what i love:
the fitbit has an adjustable strap so it can fit any sized wrist. it comes in a small or large size. i personally have the smaller size and like that i'm able to wear it just above my wrist or even higher up on my forearm (it's recommended to wear 3-4 inches above wrist bone). 

the display on the fitbit was the deciding factor for me when i was torn between a couple of different trackers. you are able to monitor your heart rate with the click of a button during an intense workout instead of having to look it up on your iPhone like other fitness trackers. not only is this convenient and helps you burn the maximum calories, it helps you stay safe and monitor your heart rate.

the fitbit is accurate. especially when monitoring your sleep cycle. it can tell me exactly when i fell asleep and what time i woke up. also catches the times when i wake up during the night for water or to use the restroom. 

the app linked to the fitbit is great. it's easy to use, it can be linked to many other fitness apps that you may use. it links to myfitnesspal app which is what i use to log my food intake which worked out perfect for me. there are also challenges you can partake in with your friends with a fitbit or just by yourself. 

the silent alarms are amazing. the fitbit vibrates on your wrist instead of you having to hear the loud beeping that may startle you when you're in a deep sleep.

the caller id function is also great. i have a habit of leaving my phone here and there (and it's always on silent) while i'm at home but now i never miss a call because i get the notification on my fitbit.

what i don't love:
my only complaint with the fitbit is that it isn't as thin as i would like it to be. it feels a bit bulky because it must be worn a bit higher on my wrist instead of right where i'd wear a watch to be most accurate.  it's great during a workout but because i wear mine all day, and wear mostly long sleeves, it gets uncomfortable. 


i can honestly say that i love my fitbit and it's really motivating. i love how much more conscious i am now of how active i'm being or how much better i can do. it keeps me focused on my goal of taking better care of myself in 2016. :) 



 getting it in the black was perfect. it goes with all of my outfits

effortless. looks great paired with other jewelry.
(the 'sskhan' bracelet was made with my niece and her bracelet making kit lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment